Kirsten Gillibrand United States Senator for New York

  1. Skip to navigation
  2. Skip to content
Print | Send to Friend | Font Size:

Assistance with a Federal Agency

I am honored to serve the people of New York State in the United States Senate.

As one of your federal representatives, I may be able to help you resolve issues with federal government agencies, including immigration agencies.

My staff makes every effort to assist constituents with a broad range of issues, in the event that:

1. You are a New Yorker, AND
2. The problem you need resolved involves a federal government agency.

To request assistance with a federal agency, please email us at: Casework@Gillibrand.Senate.Gov


1. A clear and concise statement describing the situation with which you require assistance. Please be sure to include any identifying information such as case/file or loan numbers.

2. A completed and signed Privacy Act Release Form (pdf) that gives my staff the authority to share information regarding your matter with federal agencies.

Please note that by law, there are some matters over which my office has no jurisdiction.
If you are NOT from New York State, please contact one of your U.S. Senators or Representatives.

Please further note:

1.      I CANNOT force a federal government agency to decide an issue in your favor, or to overturn a decision that is final.
2.      If you are seeking assistance with a case that involves a STATE or LOCAL government agency – please contact your NY State Senator, NY State Assembly person, or your local representative.
3.      If you are seeking assistance with a case that involves a LAWSUIT or LITIGATION, Senate Ethics Rules prohibit me or my staff from giving legal advice or intervening in proceedings. If you need a lawyer, please contact the American Bar Association at (312) 988-5522; the New York State Bar Association at (800) 342-3661 or the New York City Bar Association at (212) 626-7373.

If you prefer to mail in your request for assistance, please send it to:

Kirsten Gillibrand
United States Senator
780 Third Ave, Suite 2601
New York, NY 10017
Attention: Constituent Affairs

You may also fax your request to (866) 824-6340, Attention: Constituent Affairs

Useful Links:

While my office welcomes your inquiries, you may also find it helpful to contact the following federal agencies directly:

If the government agency you are looking for is not listed here, please try USAGov, which provides easy, one stop access to all online federal government resources.