Assistance with a Federal Agency
I am honored to serve the people of New York State in the United States Senate.
As one of your federal representatives, I may be able to help you resolve issues with federal government agencies, including immigration agencies.
My staff makes every effort to assist constituents with a broad range of issues, in the event that:
1. You are a New Yorker, AND
2. The problem you need resolved involves a federal government agency.
To request assistance with a federal agency, please email us at: Casework@Gillibrand.Senate.Gov
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR EMAIL:
1. A clear and concise statement describing the situation with which you require assistance. Please be sure to include any identifying information such as case/file or loan numbers.
2. A completed and signed Privacy Act Release Form (pdf) that gives my staff the authority to share information regarding your matter with federal agencies.
Please further note:
1. I CANNOT force a federal government agency to decide an issue in your favor, or to overturn a decision that is final.
2. If you are seeking assistance with a case that involves a STATE or LOCAL government agency – please contact your NY State Senator, NY State Assembly person, or your local representative.
3. If you are seeking assistance with a case that involves a LAWSUIT or LITIGATION, Senate Ethics Rules prohibit me or my staff from giving legal advice or intervening in proceedings. If you need a lawyer, please contact the American Bar Association at (312) 988-5522; the New York State Bar Association at (800) 342-3661 or the New York City Bar Association at (212) 626-7373.
If you prefer to mail in your request for assistance, please send it to:
United States Senator
780 Third Ave, Suite 2601
New York, NY 10017
Attention: Constituent Affairs
You may also fax your request to (866) 824-6340, Attention: Constituent Affairs
While my office welcomes your inquiries, you may also find it helpful to contact the following federal agencies directly:
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Internal Revenue Service
- US Citizenship and Immigration Service
- Social Security Administration
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Department of Labor
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- US Department of State
If the government agency you are looking for is not listed here, please try USAGov, which provides easy, one stop access to all online federal government resources.