Federal Funding Requests
In recent years the earmark process has happened behind closed doors, lacking the transparency, oversight and accountability that the taxpayers deserve. I was proud to be among the first Members of Congress to voluntarily post my earmark requests online and advocate for important reforms to bring more openness and accountability to the process. However, this is only an initial step. More reform is needed, and I will continue to lead by example and work with President Obama to bring more openness and transparency to Washington.
This year, my office received over 1,200 funding requests for New York projects. Each project received was given careful consideration, and in the end, only a fraction will be submitted to the Appropriations Committee for consideration for funding. As I submit my federal funding requests to each appropriations sub-committee, I will be posting them online at the links below.
As we face the worst financial crisis of our lifetime, I am committed to holding government accountable for every single taxpayer dollar it spends. Currently, we in New York do not get our fair share from Washington. I believe that the projects I am recommending will create jobs, improve education, make health care more accessible and affordable, and help ensure that New York gets its fair share.
The following is a list of my federal funding requests for FY2011.
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Commerce, Justice, Science and Related Agencies
- Defense Appropriations
- Defense Authorization Requests
- Energy and Water Development
- Financial Services and General Government
- Homeland Security
- Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Agencies
- Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Water Resources Development Act Authorization of 2010
Click here for a list of all my federal funding requests for FY2010.