Casework FAQ

  1. What if I’m not from New York state? Please contact one of your U.S. Senators or Representatives.

  2. My case involves a state or local government agency. Can you help me with that? As a U.S. Senator, state and local cases are not in my jurisdiction. Please contact your NY State Senator, NY State Assemblymember, or your local representative.

  3. Can you help me with a case that involves a lawsuit or litigation? Senate Ethics Rules prohibit me or my staff from giving legal advice or intervening in proceedings. If you need a lawyer, contact the American Bar Association at (312) 988-5522; the New York State Bar Association at (800) 342-3661 or the New York City Bar Association at (212) 626-7373.