Help for New Yorkers

My office will make every effort to assist you on a broad range of issues, provided that you:

1. Are a New Yorker, and;

2. Need help from a Federal Government agency

If you meet these requirements, make sure you take a look at our casework checklist, then click the button below to get started.

If you are an American citizen who needs assistance to depart Haiti, click here to learn more about how to request assistance or see the latest updates from the State Department. New Yorkers who need assistance with the State Department should open a case at the link above.

If you are an American citizen in Israel, Gaza, or the West Bank who needs assistance returning to the United States, open a case at the link above. Click here to learn more about requesting travel or consular assistance.

Casework Checklist

Before sending in a casework request, please make sure that your correspondence has:

  1. A clear and concise statement describing the situation with which you require assistance.
  2. Identifying information for your case, such as case/file or loan numbers.
  3. A completed and signed Privacy Act Release Form, which will be generated when you complete the form below. This gives my staff the authority to share information about your case with the federal agency you want to work with.

Casework FAQs

What if I'm not from New York State?

Please contact one of your U.S. Senators or Representatives.

My case involves a state or local government agency. Can you help me with that?

As a U.S. Senator, state and local cases are not in my jurisdiction. Please contact your NY State Senator, NY State Assemblymember, or your local representative.

Can you help me with a case that involves a lawsuit or litigation?

Senate Ethics Rules prohibit me or my staff from giving legal advice or intervening in proceedings. Assistance in obtaining an attorney is available through the American Bar Association by visiting; through the New York State Bar Association by calling 1-800-342-3661 or by visiting; or through the New York City Bar Association by calling 212-626-7373 or by visiting

If you cannot afford the services of an attorney, you may visit the website to find legal aid programs in your community. You may also wish to visit the website to request a lawyer’s free answer to your legal question.