Gillibrand Announces 2016 Service Academy Nominations
Gillibrand Nominates Seven Students from Hudson Valley Region for Service Academies
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, today announced her nominations of candidates from the Hudson Valley to the nation’s leading service institutions – the United States Air Force, Military, Naval and Merchant Marine Academies.
A selection committee formed by Senator Gillibrand chose the nominees from a large group of qualified applicants. Decisions were based on criteria including: academic record, leadership potential, and overall achievement. Final acceptance is determined solely by the service academies.
“These talented New Yorkers have shown honor, dedication and unique skillsets that will make them great assets to our nation’s service academies and armed forces,” said Senator Gillibrand. “Our service academies cultivate top tier officers who are committed to serving our country. I am always honored to nominate courageous men and women with the opportunity to serve in our country’s armed forces.”
The United States service academies offer a first class education as well as a chance for young people to serve our country upon graduation, as commissioned officers in the United States Armed Services.
Senator Gillibrand’s nominees are listed by their hometown and Academies:
- Leonard Bowen (Middletown, Orange County) –US Air Force Academy
- Sheila Dolan (Stormville, Dutchess County) – US Air Force Academy
- Brian Fainguersch (Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County) –US Air Force Academy
- Cardon Furry (White Plains, Westchester County) – US Military Academy at West Point
- Alyssa Huang (Katonah, Westchester) –US Military Academy at West Point
- Benjamin Kulick (Scarsdale, Westchester County) – US Naval Academy
- Alyssa Wei (Rye Brook, Westchester County) –US Naval Academy
Next Article Previous Article