Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, today announced her nominations of Upstate New Yorkers to the nation’s leading service institutions – the United States Air Force, Military, Naval and Merchant Marine Academies.
A selection committee formed by Senator Gillibrand chose the nominees from a large group of qualified applicants. Decisions were based on criteria including: academic record, leadership potential, and overall achievement. Final acceptance is determined solely by the service academies.
“These talented New Yorkers from Long Island have the distinct core values and unique skillsets that will make them great assets to our nation’s service academies and armed forces,” said Senator Gillibrand. “Our service academies cultivate top tier officers who are committed to serving our country. I am hopeful that these accomplished nominees will pursue their dreams and serve in our nation’s armed forces with honor and distinction.”
The United States service academies offer a first class education as well as a chance for young people to serve our country upon graduation, as commissioned officers in the United States Armed Services.
Senator Gillibrand’s nominees are listed by their hometown and Academies:
- Rachelle David (Syosset, Nassau County)- US Military Academy
- Jose Carlo Escober (Valley Stream, Nassau County)- US Military Academy
- Jungmin Lee (Plainview, Nassau County)- US Military Academy
- Kayla Gansrow (Holtsville, Suffolk County)-US Naval Academy
- Lucy Rose DiBenedetto (Westhampton Beach, Suffolk County)-US Air Force Academy
- Kyle Antonucci (Stony Brook, Suffolk County)-US Merchant Marine Academy
- Patrick Deegan (Lynbrook, Nassau County)-US Merchant Marine Academy
- Lucas O’Connell (Malverne, Nassau County)-US Merchant Marine Academy
- Spencer Ragonesi (Oceanside, Nassau County)-US Merchant Marine Academy
- Dylan Wennerod (Port Jefferson, Suffolk County)-US Merchant Marine Academy
- Kevin Wright (Bayville, Nassau County)-US Merchant Marine Academy